Charming side by side half duplex with 1.6 acres of common property. This 3-bedroom 2-bathroom home was carefully crafted to fit within the forest it inhabits. The deck and property feature cedar framed ocean views of Ganges Harbour and chocolate beach. Located at the end of a quiet cul-de-sac, the home is set below the road and is accessed through a beautiful set of stairs that connect the land and this tranquil sanctuary seamlessly.
- This is a half duplex for sale. It is unlike most other duplex buildings. The video walkthrough tour linked above can be a helpful tool to better understand how the two sides of the duplex are connected.
- There are no strata rules, bylaws, or strata fees. It is my understanding that the BC schedule of standard bylaws would take effect in the absence of specific strata bylaws. The strata is made up of just the two half duplexes. The two owners have discussed any tree removal or shared upgrades on the common property in the past. Please see the FILE ATTACHMENTS link above for additional strata details.
- The appraised value of $525,000 was prepared by an independent mortgage appraiser on May 18th, 2020 (SSI has since seen a substantial market value increase)
- There is no driveway to the home, parking is at the road and there is a charming forest path that leads down to the house (please review the video walkthrough tour for reference).
- In the summer of 2020 a new septic system was installed. This oversized system services both sides of the duplex.
- The foundation is post and pad, with multiple engineered cross braces.
- Both sides of the duplex were designed by a UBC architecture professor (Seller does not know the architects name) and are wonderful examples of working with and highlighting the natural environment and utilizing the West Coast building materials available.
|Address||182 Devine Dr|
|Type of Dwelling||Half Duplex|
|Sub-Area||GI Salt Spring|
|Floor Area||1,797 Sq. Ft.|
|Lot Size||74052 Sq. Ft.|
|Listing Brokerage||Macdonald Realty Salt Spring Island|
|Postal Code||V8K 2H5|