- This is a half duplex for sale. It is unlike most other duplex buildings. 184 Devine Drive is the other side of the duplex. It is very private between the two units and there is not a directly connect wall between the units. The video walkthrough tour linked above can be a helpful tool to better understand how the two sides of the duplex are connected.
- There are no strata rules, bylaws, or strata fees. It is my understanding that the BC schedule of standard bylaws would take effect in the absence of specific strata bylaws. The strata is made up of just the two half duplexes. The two strata owners share insurance on the common property, and there is a shared septic system for both homes.
- There is no driveway to the home, parking is at the road and there is a charming forest path that leads down to the house (please review the video walkthrough tour for reference).
- In the summer of 2020 a new septic system was installed. This oversized system services both sides of the duplex.
- The foundation is post and pad, with multiple engineered cross braces.
- Both sides of the duplex were designed by a UBC architecture professor (Seller does not know the architects name) and are wonderful examples of working with and highlighting the natural environment and utilizing the West Coast building materials available.
Recent upgrades completed over the past two years include
* Insulated exterior plumbing
* Renovated lower bathroom with radiant in-floor heating (including in the shower!)
* Replacement windows - three external doors - rebuilt front deck - added stairs to the laundry room - $123,243 - Samya
* Painting – Exterior - $11,587 - Student Painters
* Sundeck membrane - $21,010 - Sundeck Centre
* Insulation - $9,615 - CE Foam
* Ikea kitchen - $4,711
* Baseboard heaters x 12 & Smart thermostats - $1,600 - Home Depot
* Appliances (Range, Fridge/freezer, Dishwasher, Microwave/Hood) - $4,387 Home Depot
* WETT cert stove - $7,900 - Richard Elwell
* Blinds - $1,107 - Select Blinds
Total = $185,160